Terms and conditions EVapp
The test project falls under the responsibilities of the Committee Hoogstraten, which consists of EVapp vzw (company registration number 0629.801.895), Prior-IT BV (company registration number 0607.954.626), the Provincial Emergency Medical Commission and the City of Hoogstraten (company registration number 0207.505.202).
Scope and application
This Policy applies to individuals who register as a volunteer through this app (collectively referred to as “Volunteers” or separately as “you”). The Policy does not apply to the natural persons using our app or Services through emergency call (“Users”). If you use the Services as both a User and as a Volunteer, both respective privacy statements apply to the separate forms of interaction.
Collecting of data
Data that is provided by you to us
We collect personal data that you have directly provided, such as when you create an account, update your account, log in to your account, request assistance from us, give permission for background checks, submit your medical care certification, or contact us in any other way. This data includes: name, email address, phone number, postal address, information regarding your qualifications as a healthcare provider, insurance information and other personal data you may provide to us.
Data we collect through your use of our services
When you use our Services, we collect data from you in the following general categories:
● Location data: As a prerequisite for providing first aid to Users through the EVapp platform and accessing our Services, your exact location details must be provided to EVapp through the app you are using. When the EVapp app is allowed to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we will collect the exact location of your device whenever the app is running in the foreground or background. We can also approximate your location through your IP address.
● User and preference data: We collect data about how you use the app to access our Services through the app, specified preferences and chosen settings.
● Device data: We collect data about your mobile device such as hardware model, operating system and version, file names and versions, display language, unique device identifier code, serial numbers, device motion data and mobile network data.
● Login data: When you use our Services we collect server logs, which may include data such as the IP address of your device, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity.
Important information about platform permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have certain types of device data which apps cannot access without your permission, and these platforms have permission systems to obtain your consent. The mobile device will alert you the first time that the EVapp app needs permission to access certain types of data and will ask you to approve (or decline) this request.
Use of data
We may use the data we collect about you to:
• provide, maintain and improve our Services, including, for example providing products and services (and sending related information), developing new functionality, developing security functionality, verifying users, sending product updates and administrative messages;
• perform internal activities, including preventing fraud and abuse of our Services; improve our software and operations; perform data analysis, testing and research; monitor and analyze user and activity trends;
• send messages to the User or the emergency services regarding your response to a particular alarm through the app, for example your estimated time of arrival;
• personalize and improve the Services.
Exchange of data
We may exchange the data we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or exchange, including:
Through our Services
We can exchange your data with third parties with which we are allowed to exchange your data, such as the Belgian medical emergency services, included but not limited to the emergency center 100/112.
Other important exchanges
We can exchange your data:
• with EVapp or Prior-IT subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or perform data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
• with Verdi BV and JD Soft BV, who are responsible for all communication from and to the
Belgian medical emergency services, and in that capacity perform data processing on our behalf.
• in response to a request for information by an authority who has jurisdiction, if we believe that disclosure is consistent with, or otherwise required by applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, licenses or legal process;
• with law enforcement officials, government agencies or other third parties if we believe your actions are not in compliance with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, the property or safety of EVapp or others;
• if we inform you in another way and you agree to the exchange; and
• in an aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You can correct your account data at any time by logging in to your online or in-app account
(through profile.EVapp.org). If you want to cancel your account, e-mail us at *protected email*.
Please note that in some cases we may retain certain personal data as required by law or for
legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
EVapp will comply with individual requests regarding access, correction and/or deletion of the stored personal data within 15 days upon receipt of the request and in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app to collect the exact location of your mobile device through the permissions system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially accept the collection of this data, you can disable it at a later time by changing the location settings on your mobile device. You will not be able to access our Services or provide your services on the EVapp platform if you disable our collection of your exact location details. In addition, disabling our collection of exact device locations will not limit us from determining your approximate location through your IP address.
EVapp can not be held liable for damages that the Volunteer or User suffers to hardware or software resulting directly or indirectly from the EVapp app. Damages include: data loss, loss of income, damages suffered from unavailability of the device, fire damage.
Amendments to the Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. When we make important changes to the way in which we handle your personal data, or to our policies, we will notify you regarding this through our Services or another communication method such as email. Your continued use of our Services after this announcement constitutes your approval of these changes. We recommend you to regularly check this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
EVapp volunteers are covered by medical confidentiality, as defined in art. 458 and 458bis of the
Criminal Code. Failure to respect medical confidentiality will result in (a) the immediate removal of
the volunteer from the EVapp Volunteers database and (b) an internal investigation by the
Committee. In the event of serious and deliberate violation of medical confidentiality, a procedure can be initiated by the public prosecutor’s office.
Please do not hesitate to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at: gro.p1601137148paVE@1601137148regil1601137148liwji1601137148rv1601137148 or
send us a letter at: EVapp vzw, attn: Legal, AA Toren – 8th floor, Technologiepark 122 (zone C2a),